Administrators or Sysops are editors with extended rights that help them contribute to and modify the site. All administrators are promoted by Swish008 or another member of Wikia staff, and are normally promoted for life, although they have the right to decline or step down at any time. Administrators are also expected to help other users when necessary and guide or correct them when necessary.
Administrative functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
- Monitor Chat and moderate when needed.
- Demonstrate good editing standards in formatting and content.
Who are this wiki's administrators?Edit
Pages administrators should keep an eye onEdit
- Candidates for speedy deletion - If a page has been on there for over 7 days, without any opposal, it should be deleted. It cannot be deleted by the person who proposed it for deletion.
- Uncategorized Pages - All pages on the wiki should be categorized.
How do I use administrator powers?Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.